- 20+ years of industry experience in Research and Development, Product management and Pre-sales
- Specializes in customer research and usability, technical product management, cross-functional communications, and more
- A strong believer of Agile model and methodology and have worked with teams to help in the transformation phase
- I believe in the power of people and love mentoring young minds
- Quick learner who can easily adapt to changing situations and technologies
Product Owner for the Virtual Network Manager-Life Cycle Management (VNF-LCM) of Ericsson NFV Offering instrumental in realizing 5G and IoT use-cases and previously for the Performance Management suite of products of Ericsson’s Flagship OSS portfolio.
- Realized the ETSI specification that defines the protocol and data model mainly for the VNF Lifecycle Management interface (as produced by the VNFM towards the NFVO) used over the Or-Vnfm reference point, in the form of RESTful Application Programming Interface (API) specifications
- Established and rolled out better development practices for team in order to improve productivity and product quality by implementing agile practices like story point estimation, design workshops, table reviews and stakeholder demos
- Routinely presented in quarterly knowledge share events(~1K attendance) of the BU to communicate new features, technology and timelines to stake holders to ensure larger audience are aware of the developments in the product.
Raksha is an Emergency Identification and Notification service that can automatically detect an accident and alert the emergency care takers thereby bringing help faster to the victims. Product got shortlisted in NASSCOM 10000 Start-ups and is part of Intelligent Sub-Systems for Safety and Integrity in Truck and Passenger-Car Fleets (IS-SI-TPCF) coalition.
- Managed and organized product launch of first version of Raksha in March 2014
- Handled communications with Media and public relations, news coverage about the products
- Worked with officers in other companies/govt. for company needs and permits and represented the company at various events (NASSCOM, TiE etc)
- Effectively pitched to investors in IAN (Indian angel network), NEN (National Entrepreneurship Network) and NASSCOM 10000 Start-ups and got selected for mentoring
The start-up New Rubric specializes in multidimensional learning and all-round development of students. The product Kaleido, is designed to help children grow on multiple dimensions through stimulating activities and insightful feedback, while reducing the workload on school administrators and teachers.
- Built the first release product with a team of four from understanding needs, conceptualization, design and development of technology solutions for the product
- Conducted client demos and trials in three international schools in Bangalore and Hosur
Have worked in different products in various roles across multiple business areas which include Insight & Experience, Network Elements and TMN systems (NMS systems).
In NSN worked mainly for Serve atOnce Traffica which provides real-time visibility of end-user activity across the whole network - right down to the cell level - by collecting detailed information directly from network elements.
In Siemens, have worked in two different products - The Radio Network Controller (RNC) which is the main Network Element in the UMTS Access Stratum and in TMN systems (NMS systems) that provides a network-view of an operator’s telecom network spanning access, switching and trunk elements.
- As a Product & Solution Architect for Traffica, was aiding the RnD team with the architecture and design decisions of the features developed. Supported Product Management in the feature screening decisions and led the requirement Analysis and Product Backlog refining for the future sprints
- As UI and Usability coach team (3 members), we performed heuristic evaluation of all components and features and judge its compliance with recognized usability principles. Also assisted the team to find the usability problems in the design during iterative design process.
- Led the agile transformation programme for Traffica in a multi-site setup for a team size of 75. Helped achieve 50% reduction in project release cycles in the first 12 months.
- Was a member of NSN Agile Coach network which is a group of people who volunteered to help Agile transition across product lines. We developed our skills in Agile practices and used the coaching skills to ensure successful transition by imparting trainings and observing the way of working and giving suggestions for improvements
- The Service Management domain and the projects involved were introduced newly to the company portfolio after the merger. I along with two other colleagues was responsible for setting up this team of around 120 members. This involved recruiting, mentoring and training of new joiners
- ngRNC was a Mobisphere* project and it involved effective interaction and mediation between the two companies. Was involved in the pre-analysis, analysis and work split discussions with NEC.
- Involved in the pre-analysis, analysis, design and implementation of different modules in the ONM part of the 3G product portfolio and led a team of five to develop the call trace module.
- As part of six-member core team, was responsible for recruiting and training members for the project.
- Ideated and developed a knowledgebase wiki for ngRNC to induct new engineers to the project and launched weekly internal tech-talks program to evangelize new technologies for a team of 150 members.
- Performed upgrade of TMN system at Deutsche Telekom AG
* Mobisphere is one of the most successful joint ventures in the telecoms industry. Drawing on the expertise and resources of Siemens and NEC, the objective of the company is to pioneer and perfect UMTS technology and create the very best in 3G mobile network equipment.
| Bachelor of Technology (Electronics and Communication Engineering) |
Govt. Engineering College, Thrissur (Calicut University)
| Pre-Degree |
| SSLC |
Board of Public Examinations, Kerala
- Business Analytics: From Data to Insights 2019 (The Wharton School)
- Certified Scrum Master 2008-2011 (Scrum Alliance)
- Telecom Solution Architect 2008 (LOGTEL)
- GNIIT 2000 (NIIT)
- Awarded “Best Architect” in Ericsson ODC for solving a performance bottleneck that crashed the legacy application in 5G high spike loads (2016)
- “Veteran Award” for the outstanding contributions to the ‘Traffica’ team in 4 years for recruiting, mentoring and agile transformation after the merger (2011)
- “Spot Award” for serving the role as a Scrum master effectively and for helping the team members in technical issues and development activities and “Appreciation Award” for piloting the Scrum-based Agile development model in Traffic Views (2007). “Thank You” award for delivering the first feature on time despite changing requirements and tight program deadlines (2008)
- Voted as “Best Personality” in a poll conducted in the ngRNC group (2007)
- “Director’s Award” for my contribution to RNCi Business and Growth team of the year for establishing the ngRNC team of 150 members (2005)
- “Directors Award” for the best quality product for SCR11 for which I redesigned and implemented the High Availability server installation module (2004)